Consists of Jun "JPP" Sonoda, Ryoichi "JAPAN" Tezuka, and Yasuro "CCR" Motoki ; a ragtag alliance of speed shop owners who banded together due to their inability to beat anyone alone. Named themselves R200 from the fact that they claimed to be among the first drivers to break the 200 mph (321 km/h) speed limit, all while driving an R33 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec. Motoki acts as the leader, Tezuka acts as his crony, and Sonoda, the wisest and best driver, is the "go-to guy". They quickly got wiped out by Reina's white R32 GT-R, Shima's Blackbird and Akio's Devil Z. Since then, they gave up street racing and relegated themselves to mere mechanics, signifying the end of the R200 Club. They are somehow the only minor villains or antagonists in the manga and anime.
The group also had minor members and friends, though only Yasuhiko Miki and Takayuki Kuroki (see above) were named. Miki rode as a passenger with Motoki during the chase against the Blackbird. After the R200 club disbanded, tension arose between Miki and the other members (but he remained friendly with Kuroki), and he subsequently disappeared. In Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune's Outrun mode, and later in the new Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3DX Story Mode, he also drives a Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 like the other R200 Club members.
In Maximum Tune's story mode, there is a level where you could race the R200 Club but Reina's GT-R, Shima's Blackbird, and Akio's Devil Z are removed in favor of a player being ambushed by R200 Club. This was possibly a level before that event happened.
- R200CLUB's Theme (Wangan Midnight R)
- Decoration for the Dement (Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune/Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2)
- Just Flat Out (10 Outrun Soundtrack)
- Evil Association (Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3/3DX/3DX+)
- Dark Side Style (Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4/Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5 International version)
- Inorganic Soul (Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5 Japanese version/5DX/5DX+)